Re: huge problem

Subject: Re: huge problem
From: Atte Koivula (yorkaturr@majik3d.org)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 12:32:46 EET

> Ok there is a problem and i will explain it. If a long period occures
> from our current desc up to the point of the cataclysm then our original
> descs have no meaning. That is the orcs would invade anthainon the dark
> elves would fall to the tore'e, eastern elderon would be taken over by
> the Brahjians in a holy war, the Hilosyph would take vram, areon and
> sol'doran or an infinate number of possibilties. This means we need to
> make three descs for three different periods of time. A pointless task
> that adds nothing to the game.

I have already said that our descs describe "what was" instead of what
is.
Should be quite clear already. As I said in a mail before:

(quote)
The current descs describe "What was" before the Cataclysm, and they
will be utilized in the sense that we take a desc, shake the details a
bit to integrate the effects of the Cataclysm, and slap it in the world.
(end of quote)

The above means that we do not need to do new descs for the areas. We
just utilize the descs we already have as a corrupted version due to the
Cataclysm. For example, "the Gwalmur have a great King's Hall in a huge
cave in the depths of Bral'Gaur" -> "The Gwalmur have a destroyed King's
Hall with broken pillars and torn wall ornaments in the depths of
Bral'Gaur"

Get it? :)

> Next if the religions and cultures are given up then what is the point
> of the cataclysm. I thought the point was to presurve history which
> would be destroyed if culture and religion are given up. If this is what
> you want, to destroy history, then why have the cataclysm at all. Why
> not just start the game when mortals first come to earth? Its Ironic
> that it is me who is now defending history and Mandor and Yorka are
> wanting to get rid of it. Its a complete role reversal.

The point of the Cataclysm is to explain why we have only a handfull of
mortals in the world in the beginning of the game.
--
_/_
/Atte "Yorkaturr" Koivula <yorkaturr@majik3d.org>