Re: Starting locations

Subject: Re: Starting locations
From: Kaoru Shalamberidze (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 11:53:20 EET

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Kim Kunnas wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Taneli Niko Tikka wrote:
>
> If something is boring it is the idea of "evil gods" winning somewar.
> I suppose you never have read fantasy literature or how did you invent
> such a unique idea? :)

well i didnt, it wasnt me who suggested that. And 99% of fantasy
literature is completely without imagination - bullshit and crap.

Maybe this could be how things went before the destruction :

- people of the world grew ignorant and started to loose their intrest
  for worshipping gods
- this caused some twists in the power balance specially with new gods
- people started to invent new ways of life that didnt involve the gods.
  like atheism, satanism (you are your own god) etc..
- this again worsened the situation of gods, and this time effects were so
  great that it even distrupted the elder gods.
- more things started to go wrong, some great champions even killed new
  and now weak gods, and destroyed several ancients
- more religious that resisted and rebelled against the gods spread
- after so many new gods responsible for everyday things, like making it
  rain, or making the grass grow.. had grown weak the effects were
  terrible
- the world was in chaos

- conclave of gods gathered and as a result they wiped out almost
  everything. part of the creation was cleanly undone and part of it
  brutally destroyed. Enough was left behind to build a better world
  from the remains of the old.

In tolkien stories and in just about every fantasy shitte they have "ages"
like the 1st age etc.. Majik ages should be something like :

1st era : the elder gods live in the void, the creation isnt even done yet
2nd era : elder gods come to a place later to be known as the world,
          the creation is done and the ancients are born.
3rd era : species of man are born, war between gods escalates finally
          after the war being over a rebellion of man (above) happens
          and the world gets fucked up - gods undo part of creation.
4th era : the time after the cataclysm. now.

Ok now.. comment this!

.m