Re: where the kids have seen things that we ain't never seen

Subject: Re: where the kids have seen things that we ain't never seen
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 00:03:55 EEST

McDuff wrote:

> Well, instead of giving one person the whole world, why not give people a
> fraction of the map, divide it into a grid, and let people put their name
> down for a grid reference, or more if they feel they can handle it.  I think
> that we should be able to get this done quickly, though, so if people put
> their name down for multiple grids they had better be sure of being able to
> meet the deadline - and getting it taken off them if they don't meet it.

It is hard to divide the world to small fractions and do them individually,
they need to be consistent and have relations. The "Regions of Majik IN
SHORT" was only a task to set up guidelines for the fractions so then
people who are doing the pieces, would then know how to glue it well together
with other regions around.

> Also, if Beregar is breaking his back to get the weather done, we need to
> make sure that the region fits the climate!  This could all be beaten out in
> IRC sometime.

The weather goes much like a companion to the "regions in short". Both are
needed before doing the actual regions.

> >Ok. Let's decide the date, once per week on Wednesday, just before the
> >status report?
>
> Well, It has to be either after 1800 GMT if I'm going to be able to be
> there, unless someone just wants to send me the transcripts!  Apart from
> that, Wed is fine with me.

1800 GMT fits for me, at least.

> Sorry if the last bit was a bit whiney - I just want to get stuff done, and
> people appear to just put their names down for stuff and then not do them.
> Sorry if you have been working and I just don't know about it.

You sound much alike me :)

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi