Re: Majik (and Magic) (and some Re: New)

Subject: Re: Majik (and Magic) (and some Re: New)
From: Beregar (beregar@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 00:15:15 EEST

Juha Jantunen wrote:

> Well, you see, I have this problem of not being any good at designing
> races and regions... ;) I tried it in my RuneQuest campaign (when I still
> had one) and it fell flat on its face quite nicely. ;) And as someone
> said, there apparently are enough races for now, they just need to be
> developed by those who are working on them... And I would claim there IS
> sense in making magic now, since there are already some races fairly well
> designed, and I intend to make use of what I know of them in making the
> spells. I'll just ask a few more annoying questions and then I'll start
> puttering with them...

Hmm, let see....There are only one human tribe and that's designed by me
and I don't want every people choosing it. Then there are the Elves which
seem to dominate this world since there are soo many elven tribes. In
addition to these we have trolls..currently three player races (one of them
tribe actually). There has been lots of talk about orcs but i have not seen
any work done yet and Darshan said he will make human pc tribe. If we
get all these then we have already four playable races where elves have
many tribes and humans only few (though I never said humans should be
dominant race, imho they are too weak to survive in Majik). So if these
are enough, fine then.

Then there are these monster races (not general monsters) and only one
of them has been descriped. Possibly another coming if Yorkaturr is
making catfolks (i could make those too)?

- Beregar (Beregar@majik.netti.fi)