Re: Majik 3D predecessors

Subject: Re: Majik 3D predecessors
yorka@dlc.fi
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 08:42:45 EEST

I guess it does not come as a surprise that I am completely
against this idea as I am generally anti-OSS in the first
place. I didn\'t spend 6 months of my life coding Majik4 so
that someone could ruin everything I was trying to achieve
and everything I have already achieved and/or taking credit
from my achievements. I suppose I COULD live with this as
long as people keep track of the changes they have made and
declare them publicly, AND acknowledge OUR original efforts
as superior to their own as we are the original developers.
I do not like to think Majik4 as disposable lines of code,
it contains far too much of my personal ideas, often
supported by lengthy philosophical ponderings as opposed to
such inferior things as \"convenience\" or \"playability\".

Ideally, they should adapt to the ideas of Majik4 by
attempting to create a REAL RPG as opposed to a MUD and they
should do it WITHOUT simplifying the code or changing the
initial base, merely adding their own details into it AND
consulting the original Majik4 developers more often than
needed, hence continuing where Majik4 left, but that is
pretty much my absolute limit of tolerance.

_/_
/Atte \"pissed-off Yorkaturr\" Koivula <yorka@dlc.fi>

True darkness is not the absence of light.

Cremate the christian sheep.
 Tämä viesti on lähetetty Saunalahden Serverin Webmailista
 osoitteesta: www.saunalahti.fi