Re: Majik 3D predecessors

Subject: Re: Majik 3D predecessors
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 12:10:31 EEST

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 yorka@dlc.fi wrote:

> I do not like to think Majik4 as disposable lines of code,

It is now disposable. We have once used it and we are no longer
using it. If we give it away, it is recycling and our code might
be useful again.

> it contains far too much of my personal ideas, often
> supported by lengthy philosophical ponderings as opposed to
> such inferior things as \"convenience\" or \"playability\".

Why wouldn't you like others to _see_ what you have achieved
with your philosophical ponderings. You just keep them to yourself,
what is the point then? At least when I do something I would
like that everyone in the world hears about it instead of coding
something that no-one except maybe a few for a limited time will
ever use. Wouldn't you like to see your code up and running
somewhere or know that the new coders playing with your code would
praise your name as you have made it. This is an one way to get
new people and developers to know Majik and you.

> Ideally, they should adapt to the ideas of Majik4 by
> attempting to create a REAL RPG as opposed to a MUD and they
> should do it WITHOUT simplifying the code or changing the
> initial base, merely adding their own details into it AND
> consulting the original Majik4 developers more often than
> needed, hence continuing where Majik4 left, but that is
> pretty much my absolute limit of tolerance.

If some ever cares to continue the project. They do what they
want, but if our ideas are good, why to ignore them then, and
what does it matter anwyays. We wouldn't even have to know about
it. They just play with the source and create something fun
for their friends. I don't give much chance that someone really
could do something out of it, and if they do: I would start
playing it :)

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi