weekly update 0.0.5

Subject: weekly update 0.0.5
From: Joshua Corning (hook@majik3d.org)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 03:03:50 EET

Majik3d Weekly Update for January 19 - 25, 2000

Date - Wed Jan 26 17:33:09 PST 2000
Issue - 0.0.6

Contents

1. New Screenshot
2. Telnet Game On Server
3. Convention Pictures
4. New Stuff From Brethel
5. Eleril Posts Techniques
6. Animal Descs and Their Stats
7. Stats System Request
8. 0.4 Release Rumors

-----------------
1. New Screenshot
-----------------

This is actually old news Namhas posted this screenshot on the 17th. Let
me tell you its amazing. The new screenshot is taken in a winter
environment and definitely gets my juices flowing. The screenshot can be
found here:

https://majik3d-legacy.org/screenshots.html

------------------------
2. Telnet Game On Server
------------------------

Namhas has put up an old RPGD game up on the server. You can reach it
here:

telnet://majik.majik3d.org:7000

But you should read the announcement on the news web page for info about
it first. I think Windoze users require a client to run it. The
announcement can be found here:

https://majik3d-legacy.org/news.html

----------------------
3. Convention Pictures
----------------------

Pictures of the last two conventions have been posted. In my opinion I
haven't seen such a lowly group of human slobs in my entire life. Needless
to say I am jealous that I couldn't be there :). The pictures can be found
here:

https://majik3d-legacy.org/conventions.html

-------------------------
4. New Stuff From Brethel

The actual desc can be found in Brethel's ftp directory here:

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/brethel/

--------------------------
5. Eleril Posts Techniques

On a side note Eleril has made a sage desc for his character Eleril. He
wants peoples opinions on it and it can be found here:

He hopes to post some descs to his ftp within the next week so check out
his directory periodically. It can be found here:

ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/mirithil/

In Yorkaturr's response he asks someone to make our incoherent scattered
stat system into one nice concise document for the world book. If anyone
is so inclined please feel free to do so, but please post your intentions
to the design mail thread.

8. 0.4 Release Rumors

Well this comes straight from the mouth, or should I say fingers, of
Namhas "The client has now a new camera system and new movement system and
the new version should be out soonish." All I have to say about that is
"yummy!".

Until next week,

Hook (Joshua Corning)

hook@majik3d.org