Re: PLIB

Subject: Re: PLIB
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 12:31:20 EEST

Simon Britnell wrote:

> I have a (possibly stupid) suggestion to ease your development
> headaches: plib
>
> It's available from http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker/plib

We have looked at it before. I think it is a very good idea to use
PLIB, however, the developer responsible for all the current GL
code says "We can use some parts of it." and he is not interested
of the SSG, maybe because it would take just too much time to
recode the current engine ;>.

We'll consider this again. The SSG doesn't yet have support for PNG
images, right? Feel free to take ours, Texture.cpp.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi