Re: Website updates

Subject: Re: Website updates
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik3d.org)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 13:18:10 EET

Sorry, I've been a little busy with everything, so that's why it took a
while to reply this message.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Finwaite wrote:

> Attached are the proofread versions of various pages from the website.

There are certain problems with this approach of sending updates. Firstly,
by downloading the .html files using HTTP it causes PHP tags to disappear
and secondly, you're changed the formating of the text and thus the 'diff'
utility is useless, thus I can't copy the proof-readed files over the old
files because of the PHP problems and I can't spot the differences easily
using the 'diff' utility because of a slight change in the formatting.
Even with the latter problem corrected, it is very frustrating to type all
the changes to the .html files by hand.

A better way might be to just send me in a mail the lines needing updated
or then give you an account to the server so you could fix them directly,
but that is not nearly necessary as there is not _that_ many .html files
in there and they're already quite 'proof-readed', so they're not _that_
horrible. In future, however, it would be a very nice thing to have a
proof-reader for who we could send files needing proof-reading and then
receive them back with the corrections made to the .html or .txt directly.

If you're still wanting to do proof-reading, then it could be very nice
if you could proof-read https://majik3d-legacy.org/~namhas/article/roleplay.html,
an article which should go to Imaginary Realities magazine someday.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik3D.org http://www.majik3D.org