Re: A Digital Artist's Query

Subject: Re: A Digital Artist's Query
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik3d.org)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 23:45:35 EET

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Isaiah Kraus wrote:

> I've used 3DS, but don't have it on my machine right now, as I am currently
> using lightwave.

We can import Lightwave (.lwo) objects, so that's fine.

> I am confidant I can reduce the number of polys without signifigant
> model quality loss, but in order to do so, I need to know these things.

Our renderer is OpenGL so we can practically do all the things that OpenGL
can do. Yes, we can load textures with alpha channel and yes, we can do
4 verticed polys. Also I think that OpenGL should support double-sided
polys.

> Please let me know what you think of the tree's appearence as well.

Excellent! You could send us the .lwo file, so we could test the object in
practice. If you want to see yourself in https://majik3d-legacy.org/team.html,
we need something what we could place in your "Name:" field, ie. your nick
name. A picture is also welcome. Welcome to the team!

Once the tree's polygon count is a bit more reasonable we can add it to
the 0.4.0 version which should be released within few weeks.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik3d.org https://majik3d-legacy.org