Re: post cataclysm

Subject: Re: post cataclysm
From: Mikkonen Jani (Jani.Mikkonen@koulu.paltamo.fi)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 12:15:00 EET

Sinister Serpent wrote:
>> Very nice description. I just want to point out that at one point, we
>> wanted the game start one thousand years after the Cataclysm. I now
>> think that was a bad idea. Better idea would be to start the game just
>> after the Cataclysm (which I believe Hook intends here): Populations
>> would be low, places would be in ruins and the people/players would
>> have a lot to do. (Just after being relative term, I mean year to ten after
>> the Cataclysm.)
>
>I agree with Aluna on this, but instead of a year or more, I would
>suggest a week or month (like Hook, I think, suggested also), since it
>would be better for the memory loss -effects but we can not start
>straight from the day 1 (after Cataclysm) because there is SOMETHING
>that pc's know when they start the game, if nothing more than just a few
>skills they have. If this is already decided, ignore this mail.

I agree also, but maybe day or two is still the best choice. Player Characters
may have several skills, including basic fighting, maybe hunting, gathering etc.
what is need to survive at the beginning. Maybe there is also few players which
may be able to rebuild buildings, some able to make bread or so. Sages will
also help to remember :)

- Brethel -