Re: post cataclysm

Subject: Re: post cataclysm
From: Sinister Serpent (sinister.serpent@sci.fi)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:06:41 EET

Ari Miettinen wrote:
> Hook wrote:
> <Things deleted for Security Reasons:>
<More things deleted for Additional Security Requirements:>

> >       The city is littered with ruble and corrpses. The manner of death among
> >them is of varried causes. Some are burnt others hacked to peaces and a
> >few seem to have no physical damage but are ashen white with plain
> >placid looks on their dead faces.
>
> Very nice description. I just want to point out that at one point, we
> wanted the game start one thousand years after the Cataclysm. I now
> think that was a bad idea. Better idea would be to start the game just
> after the Cataclysm (which I believe Hook intends here): Populations
> would be low, places would be in ruins and the people/players would
> have a lot to do. (Just after being relative term, I mean year to ten after
> the Cataclysm.)

I agree with Aluna on this, but instead of a year or more, I would
suggest a week or month (like Hook, I think, suggested also), since it
would be better for the memory loss -effects but we can not start
straight from the day 1 (after Cataclysm) because there is SOMETHING
that pc's know when they start the game, if nothing more than just a few
skills they have. If this is already decided, ignore this mail.
--
  |           ~ Sinister / Serpent of Nightside ~           |
  | <sinister.serpent@sci.fi> http://i.am/sinister.serpent/ |