Re: post cataclysm

Subject: Re: post cataclysm
From: Ari Miettinen (emiettin@hytti.uku.fi)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 10:29:51 EET

Hook wrote:
<Things deleted for Security Reasons:>

>Thome
>
>It is located on the eastern coast of Nalor Thaan and sits on the
>Pyrsmute gulf. It was once a city that housed over a 100,000 citizens as
>was the capital of the Hilosyph lands of Nalor Thaan. The city now lays
>in ruins. The spiral towers of the Hilosyph district are toppled. The
>city is a burned cinder of its former self. Many races once dwelled in
>the city. Tradesmen and outlaws from all over the lands of Majik called
>this city home. Within the Fik'bronn districts the devastation is that
>of burnt out shells of building and some that appear to have been
>crushed from above. The sewers and waterways below the city are
>relatively untouched although multitudes of corpses clog its through
>ways with golems prowling its depths, In the center of the city, at was
>once the cities main market, stands a 30 meter tall stone statue of a
>giant human. its arms are crossed and is nude. At its feet lays the
>remains of another colossus stone statue. It is sprawled out with its
>right arm laying beside it. Its stone material is crafted with the most
>exquisite detail the areas  around the shoulder and arm are the most
>striking and look as if the fleshy arm was torn from its arm socket
>complete with bone shards, cartilage and muscle all captured in a stone
>snapshot.
>
>	The city is littered with ruble and corrpses. The manner of death among
>them is of varried causes. Some are burnt others hacked to peaces and a
>few seem to have no physical damage but are ashen white with plain
>placid looks on their dead faces.

Very nice description. I just want to point out that at one point, we
wanted the game start one thousand years after the Cataclysm. I now
think that was a bad idea. Better idea would be to start the game just
after the Cataclysm (which I believe Hook intends here): Populations
would be low, places would be in ruins and the people/players would
have a lot to do. (Just after being relative term, I mean year to ten after
the Cataclysm.)

The beginning places would be those places, in which a relatively large
amounts of people have survived (like 30 to 100 or so people in the
city of Thome above). Former allies would be in one area: That
would explain why elves, humans, dwarves (and other "good" races)
are in one place and orcs, trolls, whatever other "evil" races
we have are in another. .. Or however we deem fit to place them.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.