Re: Fauna (+ some other stuff)

Subject: Re: Fauna (+ some other stuff)
From: Kim Kunnas (beregar@majik3d.org)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 09:46:19 EET

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Jonathan Koehn (Eleril) wrote:

> Would it be ok if i start a page grouping all fauna and monster together.

I have nothing against this but I think we should concentrate on
those starting locations. I would like to know who are making them
and which area?

Then something about starting regions:

In case you haven't noticed, it is foolish to start doing something
without informing other people (meaning region design) because
there later will be whine and complaints which usually lead to a
situation where you may lose your work if major opinion is against
you. Since starting locations are very important I would like to
know who is making them, at least then you will have chance to
preserve your work for later use. :)

Btw I think that "alignment" only is not good way to divide races
to starting locations. If I understood right part of  our task is
to lead races back to their original regions and this might be
very difficult in some cases. For example the trolls, an "evil"
race which lives in northern parts of the world would go to Tome
(which, I recall, is somewhere in Voran) and thus it would be
enormous task for a sage to get them back into north (unless
we use transportation spells).

Then a question: Are sages supposed to pick one race which they
will watch over or will we do teamwork? There's still probably
not enough sages for the first option but in latter case we
will probably have nice conflicts with different opinions
clashing together. What if some of the sages don't want meddle
with mortal affairs? :)

- Beregar Dar'Eldath (Beregar@majik3d.org)