A small part of the huge problem

Subject: A small part of the huge problem
From: Sinister Serpent (sinister.serpent@sci.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 13:16:24 EET

joshua 'hook' corning wrote:

> Christianity is a better example but name me one culture
> that has reverted back to their old religions and cultures after
> christianity took over. None.

Umm..there are some minor exceptions to this.
AFAIK, some African countries have decided to make their "pagan"
religions the "state church" or something and drive away christianity.
Also, individuals in many countries have either started a religion of
their own or decided to revive the old "pagan" religions which were
there before christianity was brought there.
How is this related to Majik, then?
Well, there could be people who decided that the gods they used to
worship are better than "the new ones" and thus the stick with the older
religion/gods. Also, polytheism could - and should - be quite popular as
well, and there is no reason to abandon the old gods when people welcome
the new ones. This has happened in real world, too if it matters.
--
  |           ~ Sinister / Serpent of Nightside ~           |
  | <sinister.serpent@sci.fi> http://i.am/sinister.serpent/ |