Re: "small" problems with Sinister's proposal

Subject: Re: "small" problems with Sinister's proposal
From: Atte Koivula (yorkaturr@majik3d.org)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 10:38:56 EET

> 1. The cataclysm should be quick at least in the eyes of the mortals. In
> other words not more then 10 years. Although the causes of the cataclysm
> chould have been brewing in the back ground for some time but this
> should be outside of most mortal societies and knowledge up until the
> end.

Not really. Mortals were converted so it did affect mortal societies but
of course normal peasants had no idea what was coming...

> 2. It should not involve mortals giving up their religions and cultures
> as was proposed in Mandor's original "Cataclysm decided" mail. This
> would make all the old region and race descs useless. I thought the
> point of the cataclysm was as a compromise so that we can keep history
> intact. If the mortals give up their history and gods then what was the
> point.

No. It does include mortals giving up their religions and cultures, it
gives a nice excuse for the gods to be upset. End of subject.

> 3. It should be specific to societies and mortals of the PC races. I
> don't see why the goblins should be effected by this. Unless of course
> they were used as cannon fodder. But as a whole they and other monsters
> should not be effected. This also goes for natural areas. We need
> resources and monsters after the cataclysm.

All races were affected but we do have resources. This one has already
been answered and decided.

> 4. The map needs to be able to be adjusted after Bethel completes it. If
> the pre cataclysm map shows a city that i put in after the map is made
> then the post cataclysm map shows no destruction of it it needs to be
> changed. Of course This city simply could have been deserted or the
> inhabitance simply killed off by a disease or magic effect without
> harming the actual city.

Yes.

--
_/_