Re: The truth behind the Cataclysm, pt. I

Subject: Re: The truth behind the Cataclysm, pt. I
From: Atte Koivula (yorkaturr@majik3d.org)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 17:16:31 EET

> > Actually this post in no way contradicts our current system, it only
> > makes it more accurate. Now we have names for the wizards and a general
> > idea of how things really happened. Great work. I'd like to utilize
> > this. Objections?
>
> The post contradicts our system in just about every single point :) aside
> from it being a nice story.

That's the fucking point!

> To begin with :
>
> There is no such thing as "spells". There is different acts of altering
> reality, but they are hardly any one spell, the same "fireball" effect
> forexample can be created in perhaps a hundred different way. Magic and
> "spells" are simply knowledge and skill of how to change reality.
>
> Second. There is no such thing as mana, never has been and never will be.
> Mana does not exist and there is absolutely no need for such thing either.
> The only "mana" if it can be called so is the wizards own personal
> endurance and stability of spyche. how long he can concentrate or strain
> himself.
>
> 3rd. A real form of namhas or any elder god cannot at any point exist in
> the creation. Elder gods are ALWAYS using avatars. This is the fundamental
> point by which the elders won the war between gods, and it was their best
> ace in the sleeve.

Think what you're saying and read it again. Who cares about these
anyway? The above was in no way related to the POINT which was to
further explain the process of the Cataclysm, meaning who the wizards
were and what they did. Ok, no mana, no spells and Gods use avatars, so
what?

> Also the idea that there was 2 sides battling against each other, how ever
> a little bit nice, turns out to be crappy in the end. The story could be
> way more interesting than that.

Well the wizards DID fight against each other. How many sides is enough
if 2 isn't? 3? 4?

Please stick with the point and the message itself, not the
insignificant details when evaluating an idea.
--
_/_
/Atte "Yorkaturr" Koivula <yorkaturr@majik3d.org>