Re: Starting locations

Subject: Re: Starting locations
From: Atte Koivula (yorkaturr@majik3d.org)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 11:59:26 EET

> I fail to see the point in dividing the players between the initial
> starting locations by *alignment*. It is completely irrational.

It is not a planned division, it is just trying to be coherent. Surely
good/evil/neutral races are drawn to each other by common goals which
means that they are likely to live in the same areas, and LIVED in the
same areas before the Cataclysm.

Though, it can be argued that good and evil are not absolutes, they are
complementative and hence dependant on each other, there can only be
evil if there is good and vice versa, meaning that evil races would
exist as a parasite in the good races' societies by abusing their faith
and good will, but it would hardly be an organized system of "evil" and
would be a very narrow-minded and one-sided approach, especially
considering that evil races do not consider themselves "evil",
"fiendish" and "demonical", they are just evil based on what is
collectively considered "sacred" and "pleasant" in variable systems of
"ethics", if you'll excuse my inaccuracy and partial misuse of
individual concepts.

And, considering the more mundane issues, evidently it would lead to
chaos and war if a lot of conflicting races would live in the same
secluded areas in the beginning of the game. We already have a very
sensitive system in which a lot of things can go "wrong", so I suggest
we play it safe at first.
--
_/_
/Atte "Yorkaturr" Koivula <yorkaturr@majik3d.org>