Re: region of focus

Subject: Re: region of focus
From: Mikkonen Jani (Jani.Mikkonen@koulu.paltamo.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 11:25:00 EET

Yorkaturr and Namhas:

>> I am pro this idea but would like to correct it to "No magic inside
>> starting locations".
>
>An stupid idea: if the thing that destroyed everything would be that the
>evil gods won some war and the darkness fell, resulting in cataclysm maybe
>the good gods would do a magical shelter around the starting locations
>that would make pkilling impossible inside the radius, but just for a
>while, until the game is less chaotic. The good gods would do that just
>in order to help their only people in the world to survive and begin >their
>life in the new and chaotic world. It would also help to keep the players
>together in a small area, until the city is built and the guards are
>keeping the order.

Well, not magic at first. I got an idea too: When the people have learned about
what was
before cataclysm and maybe found another city with people, sages could cast
some portal to that city. That would ease some things a bit.
About that shelter, that sure helps players in the beginning. There is those
losers which
enjoy killing other people. When shelter is removed, there should be however
guards or
sages who take care of those pkillers, remind them that all must work together
and so on.

- Brethel -