Re: region of focus

Subject: Re: region of focus
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik3d.org)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 11:50:08 EET

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Atte Koivula wrote:

> I am still quite strongly against a single starting location so if
> you'll excuse my reluctance, I simply think there SHOULD BE different
> starting locations for different people due to a number of reasons.

Yes yes, but we really can't do that unless we have more than 10 players,
but we can (and should) do the things as if there would be more than one
starting location because we are going to need them.

> I am pro this idea but would like to correct it to "No magic inside
> starting locations".

An stupid idea: if the thing that destroyed everything would be that the
evil gods won some war and the darkness fell, resulting in cataclysm maybe
the good gods would do a magical shelter around the starting locations
that would make pkilling impossible inside the radius, but just for a
while, until the game is less chaotic. The good gods would do that just
in order to help their only people in the world to survive and begin their
life in the new and chaotic world. It would also help to keep the players
together in a small area, until the city is built and the guards are
keeping the order.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik3d.org https://majik3d-legacy.org