Re: Ancients

Subject: Re: Ancients
From: Taneli Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 21:51:37 EEST

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Beregar wrote:

> Of course some of the Ancients probably died in battle, but others left
> for some reason or another.
>
> to make things more clear:
>
> - The Ancients = God like spirits who became flesh (power = lesser God)
>                            both before and after battle since they didn't get power
>                            from other spirits.
> - New Gods    = God like spirits who started a battle between them and
>                           the Elder Gods, they also remained in heavens and kept
>                           growing in power (power = lesser God - God.
> - Ancients/Ancient beings  = New Gods, the Ancients, the Elder Gods,
>                           ancient creatures (dragons).

Whats the idea behind making ancients born after the creation so poweful,
only lesser gods and gods, no demigods? and all their power is supposed to
come from variety of spirits? theyll need a huge pile of them then :)..

The whole spirit idea sounds a bit like the creatus would be without their
own will - or that they would lack any real soul and just be a collection,
a whirlwind of weak souls.. without any deeper essence. And arent atleast
older gods supposed to be vastly powerful souls with very personal
perspectives and ambitions..

just that a god made up of near-mindless plant spirits isnt that appealing
:)..  why wont we go for something more creative than just addind weak
souls to own collectives.

This brings us back to magic - if magic builds the world - then the
building block of reality is magic. Everything - EVERYTHING in existence
is created from particles of magical essence. magic isnt something
unnatural - magic is the foundation of natural - everything.
instead of collecting weak spirits the ancients could have drained the
very pieces his opponent was made of - and re-molded his own reality into
more powerful frames.

other option would be absorbin the essence of life from them - but life,
or patters of life are just built up from the same stuff - magical
essence. it builds up everything, living and dead, all the energies, all
the things that cannot be seen or explained.

And magic only is something namhas and the gods made up as they created
the world. they found the ultimate base building block the magical essence
of everything - and then constructed the whole creation from that same
stuff.. molding it to other patterns and colorful forms. Also spirits
would have spirit-patterns made of magical-base-essence.. but true born
gods or those fully transformed into deities (ie. all regonized gods)
would be build from not magical essence but some ethereal-eternal essence
out-of-this-world.. that is the case for their true form, not for their
incarnations which of course are made up like the world is create - based
on patterns of magical essence, forming matter, flesh, energies, life,
mind and spirit.. yes EVEN time.

-m