Re: Ancients

Subject: Re: Ancients
From: Jonathan Koehn (Eleril) (dgkoehn@gbasin.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 00:33:38 EEST

(Eleril) eleril@majik3d.org

----- Original Message -----
From: Taneli Tikka <ttikka@icon.fi>
To: <majik-design@majik3d.org>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 1999 12:51 PM

> On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Beregar wrote:
>
> > Of course some of the Ancients probably died in battle, but others left
> > for some reason or another.
> >
> > to make things more clear:
> >
> > - The Ancients = God like spirits who became flesh (power = lesser God)
> >                            both before and after battle since they
didn't get power
> >                            from other spirits.
> > - New Gods    = God like spirits who started a battle between them and
> >                           the Elder Gods, they also remained in heavens
and kept
> >                           growing in power (power = lesser God - God.
> > - Ancients/Ancient beings  = New Gods, the Ancients, the Elder Gods,
> >                           ancient creatures (dragons).
>
> Whats the idea behind making ancients born after the creation so poweful,
> only lesser gods and gods, no demigods? and all their power is supposed to
> come from variety of spirits? theyll need a huge pile of them then :)..
>
> The whole spirit idea sounds a bit like the creatus would be without their
> own will - or that they would lack any real soul and just be a collection,
> a whirlwind of weak souls.. without any deeper essence.

Say if they where made of spirits. They(The Ancients(sages) ) would start
out as a child not knowing anything much but some about their 4 basic
spirits 2 good 2 evil.
2 creature spirits and 2 plant the plant being magical nodes for them, and
the creature spirits being one of a legendary beast, and the other of ? .
And the 3rd spirit would be molded out of pure magic. It would be the
catalist for learning more. Also in it contained the thirst for more magic
to increase its being. Thus they searched for magic and after such a long
time they knew a variety of magic by the time the new races where formed. :)
just some ideas =)

And arent atleast