Re: Ancients

Subject: Re: Ancients
From: Jonathan Koehn (Eleril) (dgkoehn@gbasin.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 00:52:37 EEST

(Eleril) eleril@majik3d.org

----- Original Message -----
From: Jonathan Koehn (Eleril) <dgkoehn@gbasin.net>
To: <majik-design@majik3d.org>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 1999 3:33 PM

> (Eleril) eleril@majik3d.org

God)
> > >                            both before and after battle since they
> didn't get power
> > >                            from other spirits.
> > > - New Gods    = God like spirits who started a battle between them and
> > >                           the Elder Gods, they also remained in
heavens
> and kept
> > >                           growing in power (power = lesser God - God.
> > > - Ancients/Ancient beings  = New Gods, the Ancients, the Elder Gods,
> > >                           ancient creatures (dragons).
> >
> > Whats the idea behind making ancients born after the creation so
poweful,
> > only lesser gods and gods, no demigods? and all their power is supposed
> > come from variety of spirits? theyll need a huge pile of them then :)..
> >
> > The whole spirit idea sounds a bit like the creatus would be without
their
> > own will - or that they would lack any real soul and just be a
collection,
> > a whirlwind of weak souls.. without any deeper essence.
>
> Say if they where made of spirits. They(The Ancients(sages) ) would start
> out as a child not knowing anything much but some about their 4 basic
> spirits 2 good 2 evil.
> 2 creature spirits and 2 plant the plant being magical nodes for them, and
> the creature spirits being one of a legendary beast, and the other of ? .
> And the 3rd spirit would be molded out of pure magic. It would be the
> catalist for learning more. Also in it contained the thirst for more magic
> to increase its being. Thus they searched for magic and after such a long
> time they knew a variety of magic by the time the new races where formed.
:)
> just some ideas =)
or they could have been created by the gods out of part of their own
essence. they created only a few because it took a very long time to create
one. And the ancients had children, they had to ask permission from the gods
they where created from because when they had a child it would drain some of
the gods essence. The gods decided that this drained them to much and thus
created the new races. That didnt drain them at all.