A compromise

Subject: A compromise
From: Atte Koivula (yorka@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 16:28:19 EEST

Having thought about the \"subsystems/no subsystems\" at
length, I think I am beginning to tip my scale in the favor
of the \"no subsystems\" -alternative. So I am suggesting
this:

- We will have a 3-way casting system
(vocal-somatic-material), which means that every spell can
be casted entirely with words, gestures, materials or a
combination of these.

- All spells should be casted in the correct lexical order
because it is much more logical this way, considering there
has been talk about continuous spells such as
creation-fire-essence-control-fire-being or something (that
would create a fire elemental). Also, the system is easier
to code this way.

- We\'ll preserve the classes (primal, academic and divine)
because it allows much much more diversity, is
philosophically much more coherent, and, also, if there
would only be one base system and we would have the 3-way
casting system, it would mean the absence of truenames OR
that truename-spells would have the same effects as any
other spells. Let\'s face it, there has to be mighty and less
mighty spells.

_/_
/Atte \"Yorkaturr\" Koivula <yorka@dlc.fi>

True darkness is not the absence of light.
 Tämä viesti on lähetetty Saunalahden Serverin Webmailista
 osoitteesta: www.saunalahti.fi