Re: Unidentified subject!

Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 23:37:59 EEST

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Atte Koivula wrote:

> I am pro this idea. I would, however, like to know how this
> is handled. I mean, does the deity have to be online and
> consider every mortal\'s magical wishes manually on a
> case-by-case basis or what?

If I remember right I described it in my "priests in Majik" text,
the deity haves to be online when giving special powers and when
hearing player's whines needing immediate action, otherwise the
god doesn't need to be online. Granting special powers is a rare
and quite permanent move. If one has a healing special ability
it could use it quite freely except once used it would decrease
some variable and/or god's divine points (minor drain, granting
is major) so if the mortal uses the ability too much or for wrong
purposes, it will be taken away or other punishment, decrease in
favor or whatever. All the priests should try to keep in balance
and thus not wasting their powers without a reason. Read the
"priests in Majik".

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi