Re: Unidentified subject!

Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
From: Atte Koivula (yorka@dlc.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 21:58:12 EEST

>I still hate this system. I don\'t want to have \"mage\" or
>\"healer\" symbols

There are no \"mage\" or \"healer\" symbols. The symbols are the
same for everyone, but they might be restricted in the
sense that some symbols might not be available to certain
magical subsystems. I wouldn\'t even call that a
\"restriction\" as all the symbols that are restricted are
restricted because the symbols might not \"fit in\" the
system\'s description. Like fire elementalists using water
symbols. Pure coherent logic.

>So you can\'t use religious powers without the deity\'s
>permission

I am pro this idea. I would, however, like to know how this
is handled. I mean, does the deity have to be online and
consider every mortal\'s magical wishes manually on a
case-by-case basis or what?

>magical healing of course should be possible
>without using any religious magic.

I agree with this completely. I detest the fact that healers
are religious in almost every RPG system I have encountered.

_/_
/Atte \"Yorkaturr\" Koivula <yorka@dlc.fi>
 Tämä viesti on lähetetty Saunalahden Serverin Webmailista
 osoitteesta: www.saunalahti.fi