Re: Unidentified subject!

Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
From: Lari Kuitunen (myrsky@dlc.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 19:46:28 EEST

----------
> From: Tommi Leino <namhas@majik.netti.fi>
> To: majik-design@majik.netti.fi
> Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
> Date: 18. elokuuta 1999 17:24
>
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Lari Kuitunen wrote:
>
> > the point in this system is, that since for example "healers" can't
learn
> > chaos-symbol,
> > healers won't be able to go around casting chaos bolts, and "mages"
won't
> > go around
> > casting heal the world spells. there is no "character class", there
idea is
> > that mages have their symbols in "different language" than healers, so
that

> I still hate this system. I don't want to have "mage" or "healer"
symbols,
> better to categorize them using source or type, and those types should be
> a few but vast. This is relation with the question where the magic comes
> from. The religious magic is also to be forgotten, you have already
agreed
> with my priest stuff. So you can't use religious powers without the
> deity's permission, but magical healing of course should be possible
> without using any religious magic.

the quotation marks in the places above mean, that there is no other word
for the concept
that others would understand properly, so you should read it in a way that
you grasp
the concepts of the things in "" marks, not the word literally :)

there never was mage or healer symbols, hence the "" marks, they just are
there
so that everyone can understand the concept.

- male