Tried out M3 this evening

Subject: Tried out M3 this evening
From: Brant Clabaugh (powdertoast@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 09:36:54 EEST

I have a Celeron 400 overclocked to 450 with 128 megs of RAM and a
Voodoo 3 3000 video card. I was running the Win32 version of Majik3D at
1024x768 with everything turned on and LOD set to 7 (default). My frame
rate without other people on the screen was around 34 per second. With
other folks onscreen it dropped to twenty-something depending on what
they were doing.

I set the LOD to 20 and seemed to get a little speed increase,
strangely enough, although some other server parameters might have been
changing at the time. LOD 20 is definitely prettier than LOD 7. I'll
try LOD 50 in a moment.

In both LOD 7 and LOD 20 there were some pretty big gaps between
various sections of the landscape.

If the server is not answering and I exit the client, I get that IPF
error I mentioned before. No problem if the client is connected to the
server.

Lookin' good, guys!

-Brant