Re: Connect problem with Win32 Majik-M3

Subject: Re: Connect problem with Win32 Majik-M3
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 08:12:50 EEST

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Axe wrote:

> I don't have the IPF crash, but I do know I had to change to port 4001 (I
> thought I remember reading that somewhere) so I assume it wasn't changed in
> the new default majikrc in M3.  As for the IPF...Try shutting down some
> 16bit programs...From what I understand of them, it happens when a
> application tries grabbing a piece of memory that is in use, etc etc, and
> most of the killers are from 16bit apps.

All should use port 4000, until they're intentionally testing new (and
buggy) features of the developmental server, 4001 which behavior can
change for day to day. The reason why port 4000 wasn't working last night
is that the server was somehow crashed. It is up and running once again,
this time with crash recovery scripts.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi