Re: testing needed

Subject: Re: testing needed
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 20:38:23 EEST

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Joachim Sauer wrote:

> I don't think it has to do with M3 or Majik, but I'll report it (as you
> said "report _everything_" ;-):

Good. :)

> Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
> Attempting to reconnect...
>
> I'd bet that it has to do something with firewalls, but I never
> experienced problems with firewalls on this connection before, so...

It has nothing to do with firewall when it says "Connection refused.",
it means that the port you tried to connect is refusing connections,
and that means the service on that port is down. You tried to connect
port 4000 and that means then you're using -M2, not -current version.

Go and get the new version from:
ftp://majik.netti.fi/pub/majik3d/client/binary/majik3d-current_i386-linux.tar.gz

Or if you're sure that you have that version then check your .majikrc
and see if there the port is set to something else, very unlikely.

> and: I tried it ;-)

Thanks.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project