Re: testing needed

Subject: Re: testing needed
From: Joachim Sauer (saua@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 20:48:29 EEST

Tommi Leino wrote:

[snip]

> It has nothing to do with firewall when it says "Connection refused.",
> it means that the port you tried to connect is refusing connections,
> and that means the service on that port is down. You tried to connect
> port 4000 and that means then you're using -M2, not -current version.
>
> Go and get the new version from:
> ftp://majik.netti.fi/pub/majik3d/client/binary/majik3d-current_i386-linux.tar.gz

well, it actually was the version I compiled (but, yeah, I tried with
-M2 before with the same result) and it was definitley the M3-executable
I executed and ~/.majikrc contained nothing that looked like setting a
port. majikrc (in the executables dir.) said that it used port 4001...

> Or if you're sure that you have that version then check your .majikrc
> and see if there the port is set to something else, very unlikely.

/me starts feeling stupid but still can't find the error

cu again
Akira (Joachim Sauer)

> > and: I tried it ;-)
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
> namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi

P.S.: I hope this tread doesn't transform into my personal
fix-majik-thread ;-)

--
           It's like everything these days -- quantity over quality.
I guess eventually we'll reach a plateau of an infinite amount of