Majik3D Win32 M2 - what should I see ?

Subject: Majik3D Win32 M2 - what should I see ?
From: Charles Darcy (charlie@mullum.com.au)
Date: Sat Aug 21 1999 - 17:02:32 EEST

Hi all,

    Great looking project, guys.

    I've downloaded the Win32 version, had no problems running it but
not much seems to happen.

    I get an initial window which displays:

                Connecting...
                Pre-calculation done. 87381 texels loaded.
                1 0 0 0
                0 1.73205 0 0
                0 0 -1.0002 -2.0002
                0 0 -1 0

    ... and then the main view window appears with the fps number in it,
against a blue background.

    The 'insert' key produces the menu, on which the

                    'exit' :
exits.
                    'mouse' and 'no mouse':            toggles a small
black mouse pointer.
                    'wireframe' and 'no wireframe':  toggles background
colour between white and blue,
                                                                    and
fps 25 and 20, respectively.
                    'about':
displays the 'about' dialog and crashes on 'ok' (as you already know).

    No other menu options or keystrokes (including 'w' and 'x')
described in the Client readme file seem to have any effect.

    So, I guess my question is ... is this the normal expected behavior
for the current version (Win 32 M2 28/7/99) ?

    If it has any bearing my system is:

            Windows98 on a Pentium 100MHz, 24MB RAM, 1MB graphics card -
no acceleration (very sad, I know).

    Cheers,

    Charlie.