Re: Mesa/glut problems

Subject: Re: Mesa/glut problems
From: Mladen Gavrilovic (milang@sprint.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 15 1999 - 04:41:49 EEST

There are two packages you can choose from for that file in redhat:
glut-3.6-1.i386.rpm or Mesa-glut-3.0-2.i386.rpm.  Make sure that if you
choose the mesa-glut one, it is the same version as your mesa library
(so you'd only download the one I suggested abofe if you have
Mesa-3.0-2.i386.rpm installed).  However, plib (which is listed as a
requirement for majik) says that it needs to have glut 3.7 to be happy.
There are no rpms of glut-3.7, so what I did was download and install
glut-3.7.tar.gz (watch out--it can get ugly), and then plib (ditto).
Then majik complained about a wrong version of libstdc+++, so I just
made a link to the one I have (probably a bad idea, but it got majik to
start).

Regards,

Mladen