Mesa/glut problems

Subject: Mesa/glut problems
From: hook (hook@u.washington.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 00:59:51 EEST

I don't know if it appreciate to discuss mesa here so if it isn't ignore
the following.

I am using redhat 6.0 linux and have attempted to make the Mesa
libraries from MesaLib-3.0 and MesaDemos-3.0 downloads i followed the
readme x11 instructions given with the libraries. I also installed the
plib-1.0.13 libraries as stated in those instructions. when i try to run
majik i get this error

"/usr/majik/majik: error in loading shared libraries:
libglut.so.3:cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

It is my understanding that the MesaLib-3.0 file has the glut libraries
and it appears that for some reason not to be installing when i make the
libraries.

I have also tried the rpm of the MesaLib-3 file and i get the same
problem. in fact when i use the rpm i and try to install the
Mesa-demos-3 rpm i get this error

"failed dependencies
	libglut.so.3 is needed by Mesa-demos-3.0"

anyway im having some problems and if any of the other users have
solution i would be glad to here it
my computer is
amdk6 300mhz
64M ram