Re: 3d acceleration... how?

Subject: Re: 3d acceleration... how?
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 14:46:54 EEST

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Steve Brown wrote:

> > Hmm, either the Mesa's Win32 support is sucky or our code is buggy.
>
> I don't want to be the bearer of bad news - but it does very similar things on
> the Sparcstation (without any 3D card of course) but the problem goes away
> if you switch off mousetrap - so perhaps there's a little something in there thats
> not right? Perhaps like it should check whether its the foreground window and
> only mousetrap then? Not sure - not looked very deeply - been porting PLIB
> to Sparc Solaris - which on its own would be quite easy, but with sound
> support makes it suck!!

We are using _undocumented_ and thus probably _unsupported_ GLUT function
for trapping the mouse, it is no wonder if it behaves weirdly :) I also
heard that the Majik works on 3Dfx cards if they have supported OpenGL
drivers and Voodoo3 seems to provide such drivers. That saves a lot of
work from us. :)

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi