Re: 3d acceleration... how?

Subject: Re: 3d acceleration... how?
From: Steve Brown (steve@electronic.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 19:07:50 EEST

Tommi Leino wrote:

> > Given the increased frame rate and the logo I can only assume it was using
> > acceleration... Be warned though, its a bit flaky, like trying to use the mouse
> > drops you back to Windows and some other weird stuff happens. But this
> > project is too cool!!
>
> Hmm, either the Mesa's Win32 support is sucky or our code is buggy.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news - but it does very similar things on
the Sparcstation (without any 3D card of course) but the problem goes away
if you switch off mousetrap - so perhaps there's a little something in there thats
not right? Perhaps like it should check whether its the foreground window and
only mousetrap then? Not sure - not looked very deeply - been porting PLIB
to Sparc Solaris - which on its own would be quite easy, but with sound
support makes it suck!!

Heh, oh well.
Steve.