windows client issues

Subject: windows client issues
From: Rich Reybok (homerj@permanently.misplaced.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 05:08:44 EET

hey,

just dl'd the new client. the screenshots looked just awesome. got the
win32 client, unzipped, and ran majik3d.exe. then *blam*

got the following error:
Reading configuration from: majik3d.ini
Illegal mode passed to ssgSimpleState::disable(2912)

Then graphics mode starts up and I get a total system hang. I can repeat
this at will. I tried downloading the source to see if I could turn on
some debug info to provide more docs on the prob, but I had some troubles.
I tried opening the .dsw in vc6 and it said it was an unknown makefile.
any ideas?

system config:
AMD K7 600mhz, 128MB RAM
Diamond Stealth III S540 16MB