Re: Client 0.4.0!!

Subject: Re: Client 0.4.0!!
From: Kevan Benson (kentrak@sonic.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 00:15:43 EET

Yeah.  My TNT2 is accellerated, just not as well as it could be.  XFree86 4.0 WILL fix this though.  It should have
full support, not to mention the rendering pipeline is MUCH better.  It should be better that even windows
accelleration on the same machine, as they are adopting SGI's method of passing 3D calls to the card.  They are
allowing the application to bypass the gui entirely and make calls directly to the hardware (or API controlling it I
guess).  This should REALLY whip up 3D support of rlinux.

-Kevan