Re: Client 0.4.0!!

Subject: Re: Client 0.4.0!!
From: Rob Pryor (axe@crown.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 23:14:17 EET

    The main problem with the linux client is most people's 3D cards are not
being hardware accelerated.  I'm hoping Xfree4.0 will cure some of that.  I
tried a commerical Xserver for my card (Diamond Stealth III S540 - Savage4
chipset) and I went from about .4fps (Yup, that's point-four fps)  to
35-55fps (I think I mentioned this before. Oh well).  I assume people with a
3dfx or a G400 would be lucky, since I *believe* those have hardware
accelerated Xservers.
    On a side note, the new client does look great.  Kudos to the devel
team.. =]

Rob Pryor
CrownNet SysAdmin
Charlie was a chemist, but Charlie is no more,
what Charlie thought was H2O, was H2SO4