Re: "small" problems with Sinister's proposal

Subject: Re: "small" problems with Sinister's proposal
From: Kaoru Shalamberidze (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 13:58:02 EET

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, joshua 'hook' corning wrote:

> Well i would like someone, preferably Yorka or mandor, to take a serious
> look at my "Answer!!!?" proposal and give me reasons why it has been
> ignored. I might be not seeing why it conflicts with older designs.

Didnt we reply that already?

> 1. The cataclysm should be quick at least in the eyes of the mortals. In
> other words not more then 10 years. Although the causes of the cataclysm
> chould have been brewing in the back ground for some time but this
> should be outside of most mortal societies and knowledge up until the
> end.

Yes, i agree the actual cataclysmic events should go past fast. Thou the
work behind all that can lead back centuries.

> 2. It should not involve mortals giving up their religions and cultures
> as was proposed in Mandor's original "Cataclysm decided" mail. This
> would make all the old region and race descs useless. I thought the
> point of the cataclysm was as a compromise so that we can keep history
> intact. If the mortals give up their history and gods then what was the
> point.

They didnt give it all up, they were forced to work under other
dictatorship, just like natzi germany

> 3. It should be specific to societies and mortals of the PC races. I
> don't see why the goblins should be effected by this. Unless of course
> they were used as cannon fodder. But as a whole they and other monsters
> should not be effected. This also goes for natural areas. We need
> resources and monsters after the cataclysm.

I think the monster races have get their share aswell.

.m