Re: trying to understand.....

Subject: Re: trying to understand.....
From: Ari Miettinen (emiettin@hytti.uku.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 17:09:40 EET

About Cataclysm, mortal point of view:

Mortal 1: "I don't remember what happened, but I have heard that it
was a war between the gods."
Mortal 2: "I don't remember either, but I know arrogance of wizards
caused the Cataclysm!"
Mortal 3: "No no no, you are both wrong it was a big stone, falling
from the skies!"
Mortal 4: "..."

Ie: Mortals don't know what happened. There are lots of rumours
and that's it. Even the immortals / sages and maybe even the gods
can have varying information about the Cataclysm. All the cataclysm
stories can be rumours which the people may hear while they travel
around the world. Only the select few (whoever they are/were)
truly know what happened. What matters is that the world has only
a few people left and there are ruins of previous civilizations
around. Nature is in bad conditions on some parts of the world
(mainly around civilization centers) and in great shape elsewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.