Re: Monsters & Cataclysm (Reply to Hook)

Subject: Re: Monsters & Cataclysm (Reply to Hook)
From: joshua 'hook' corning (hook@u.washington.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 09:53:51 EET

Kim Kunnas wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, joshua 'hook' corning wrote:
>
> > 3. It should be specific to societies and mortals of the PC races. I
> > don't see why the goblins should be effected by this. Unless of course
> > they were used as cannon fodder. But as a whole they and other monsters
> > should not be effected. This also goes for natural areas. We need
> > resources and monsters after the cataclysm.
>
> I disagree "monsters" should be affected or otherwise there would be
> too many of them and they will destroy our few players. Especially if
> those creatures from other planes (If we use them) still exist in
> Majik. If cities and towns of player races are affected, so should
> be cities/towns of monster races too, unless they are somehow protec
> ted by magic or gods.

I think we have different ideas about the word "monster". What I take
your meaning as is organized, intelligent monsters. Like orcs and those
naccrophiles or what ever their names are. Yes these would be effected.
Orcs are PCs and necrophiles are to far away to really matter. Monsters
like wolves, goblins, man eating plants, big cats etc. would have
presumably been killed already near cities and such before the cataclysm
occurred when mortals first began to make their civilizations and
cleared out the nasties. There would be a time before these creatures
start to retake the lands now void (after the cataclysm). During this
time mortals will be rebuilding their cities and cultures. They would be
relatively safe if they stay somewhat near ( several kilometers) the
starting locations. If they do travel out in small numbers they will be
killed but if they organize and cooperate they can defeat these
monsters. Anyway that's the way i see it if you you have dissenting view
on this please post it for discussion.

Joshua 'hook' Corning
hook@majik3d.org