Re: where the kids have seen things that we ain't never seen

Subject: Re: where the kids have seen things that we ain't never seen
From: Atte Koivula (yorka@dlc.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 15:23:53 EEST

McDuff wrote:
> If Humans are all different tribes and things, then why are they all classed
> as one big race for the descs?  Humans and Orcs are probably fairly
> similar - they don't really come from anywhere and they spread out
> everywhere - Dwarves, Trolls and Elves are obviously a bit more localised,
> with set backgrounds and places of origin, and therefore are going to be a
> lot harder to desc because of the wide variations.

Humans are classed as one big race because we haven't yet decided every
subtype of the human race. And orcs only inhabit the volcanic areas
(Tragothar) of the southern continent. Trolls, on the other hand, are
not social or intelligent enough to form working localized habitats, so
they are most likely scattered around the map. Elves are "vaguely
localized", as they are fairly "generic" in the same sense as humans,
meaning nothing really prevents them from living in different types of
terrain. I imagine we have wood-elves, high elves etc (not dark elves
though because they would be too much of a ripoff).
--
_/_
/Atte "Yorkaturr" Koivula <yorka@dlc.fi>