Re: Cataclysm decided!

Subject: Re: Cataclysm decided!
From: Sinister Serpent (sinister.serpent@sci.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 16:43:17 EET

Kaoru Shalamberidze wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Sinister Serpent wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately I do not agree on this idea. My vision about the cataclysm
> > differs a lot from this. Mortals caused the cataclysm WITHOUT divine
> > intervention. The gods did not fight mortals or other gods, instead, the
> > power mortals invoked in the world was so powerful that it got off their
> > hands, backfiring and causing terrible destruction and havoc.
>
> This whole idea is seriously mislead. You see gods are powerful and they
> know what is about to happen. Specially new gods are very consirned about
> the world and its well being because its all they have. If they forsee and
> sense that something cataclysmic is about to happen they sure as hell try
> to prevent it. The way you suggest it would never happened.
>
> All that it requires to prevent such an event as you describe is one
> single new god that decides to wipe those wizards you from the face of
> earth.. and thats it, no cataclysms and life goes on.

What the hell can I show to a blind man?
How in the hell I prove to a religious fanatic that his god does not
exist?
If you want to see my ideas the way you see it (which is obviously
wrong), I can not help you.
Read my post again and think what I wrote. If it still does not make
sense to you, just ignore it.

These wizards who caused the cataclysm in the fist place were so
powerful that even lesser gods could not stop them - or then they were
not allowed by the gods and greater gods. How this is possible, you ask.
Well, like I said, they were _powerful_ wizards with such skill at true
magic that they were able to fool the gods and stop them from
interrupting them. Then they basically (accidentally) unleashed the true
magic upon the world which caused the Cataclysm.

An option: maybe these lesser gods' attempts to interrupt actually made
the wizards to fail with their experiments and thus the Cataclysm begun?
--
  |           ~ Sinister / Serpent of Nightside ~           |
  | <sinister.serpent@sci.fi> http://i.am/sinister.serpent/ |