Re: Cataclysm decided!

Subject: Re: Cataclysm decided!
From: Kaoru Shalamberidze (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 16:31:41 EET

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Sinister Serpent wrote:

> Unfortunately I do not agree on this idea. My vision about the cataclysm
> differs a lot from this. Mortals caused the cataclysm WITHOUT divine
> intervention. The gods did not fight mortals or other gods, instead, the
> power mortals invoked in the world was so powerful that it got off their
> hands, backfiring and causing terrible destruction and havoc.

This whole idea is seriously mislead. You see gods are powerful and they
know what is about to happen. Specially new gods are very consirned about
the world and its well being because its all they have. If they forsee and
sense that something cataclysmic is about to happen they sure as hell try
to prevent it. The way you suggest it would never happened.

All that it requires to prevent such an event as you describe is one
single new god that decides to wipe those wizards you from the face of
earth.. and thats it, no cataclysms and life goes on.

.m