Re: Starting locations

Subject: Re: Starting locations
From: Taneli Niko Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 11:35:07 EET

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Kim Kunnas wrote:

> > else, keeping the world together, and that the skill of using magic was the
> > skill of being able to focus this energy into something coherent.  If this
> > works, then my idea for the cataclysm fits into this, and is as follows:
>
> Magic is no longer energy, it's patterns. There has been two cataclysms.
> Simpliest solution would be that some "pattern" ceased to exist and all
> things related to it dissapeared or were damaged or something.

Boooooooooooooooooooooring

so far the best idea of cataclysm has been that war of gods. Patterns just
wont cease to exist or then all new gods and sages will die with them :)
since everything in the universe expect the elder gods and their direct
creations (like children, if there ever is any.. etc) are made by laws of
this creation and they are bound to the patterns that form everything.
Patterns just wont cease to exist.

One suggestion was that there was a war of gods, the evil ones won and now
the world is in ruins. Sounds ok, but we could invent something better.
Something like a punishment for all the world by gods? perhaps the people
before the cataclysm had lost their respect for gods, perhaps they had
grown too strong and ignorant and no longer worshipped the gods. Or maybe
all of the world turned against the gods?.. or maybe something in the
creation was very very wrong and the gods decided to "rinse the garbage" a
little by destroying most of it. maybe all of those things, or a few of
them happened... but now begins a new age, where gods get their respect
and a better world is built

.m