Re: About stat system..

Subject: Re: About stat system..
From: Ari Miettinen (emiettin@hytti.uku.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 18:30:38 EET

>On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Ari Miettinen wrote:
>
>> - Memory (MEM)		Potential to remember things, should also
>>                               affect learning rate
>
>Do we really need a stat for learning rate?
I don't know. That was just one of the suggested attributes. It would
affect things you remember from reading books and hearing stories:
Dragon Lore, Devil Lore, Legend Lore and so on..

>> - Empathy (EMP)		Potential to sense, what other people think
>>                               / feel emotionally
>
>I would like to see some examples in what kind of skills the Empathy stat
>really could be used.
Just about all social skills, for example:
Leadership, Diplomacy, Interrogation, Seduction, Sense Deception

>> * Might (MGT)		Potential to perform magic
>
>Using magic in Majik is channeling and thus for that stats like
>Constition is more relevant, and also, for religious casters, I like the
>Might be something that you get from your god, not an innate ability.
*shrugs* That would increase Constitution's importance a lot, probably
making it much more important than most of the other stats => out of balance.
.. Yes, I know most of you think that balance is unnecessary, well, imo
you are wrong.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.