Re: Starting locations (& stats)

Subject: Re: Starting locations (& stats)
From: Ari Miettinen (emiettin@hytti.uku.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 13:06:51 EET

>On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Ari Miettinen wrote:
>
>> >Besides we don't have alignments, we have only behavior models :P
>> Yes, we don't have alignments, but we have elves and troll and orcs and
>> humans. Generally elves like to stick with elves (and maybe humans), but not
>> trolls or orcs. Therefore elven player characters should begin from
>> either the goodie place (Elf town) or neutral place (Human town)
>> Humans could begin from Neutral place at least, and maybe Goodie / Evil
>> places too.
>
>We are just assuming that elves like to "stick with" elves/humans/smurfs
>It's up to Mandor decide how elves will react. Your assumptions(sp) are
>based on general fantasy setting which says elves are pointed-eared(sp)?
>immortal orc haters who look down every other race except their own.
>
>Considering we just had cataclysm it's unlikely that humans know how
>orcs/elves/smurfs behave and thus won't react their presence badly
>before orcs/elves/smurfs start killing them.
I don't think that everybody is suffering from total amnesia, so
if humans see orcs, they will remember that those are the guys who
slaughtered a whole lot of us some time ago (during the Cataclysm (or whatever
it was called) and will react in very negative fashion.

Also, if you are fighting for your survival, you don't want anyone else
to come to steal your goods. You would be very suspicious of strangers
during those times..

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.