Re: Starting locations (& stats)

Subject: Re: Starting locations (& stats)
From: Ari Miettinen (emiettin@hytti.uku.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 11:55:52 EET

>On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Ville V Sinkko wrote:
>

>> I fail to see the point in dividing the players between the initial
>> starting locations by *alignment*. It is completely irrational.
>
>Besides we don't have alignments, we have only behavior models :P
Yes, we don't have alignments, but we have elves and troll and orcs and
humans. Generally elves like to stick with elves (and maybe humans), but not
trolls or orcs. Therefore elven player characters should begin from
either the goodie place (Elf town) or neutral place (Human town)
Humans could begin from Neutral place at least, and maybe Goodie / Evil
places too.
Evils (Trolls and Orcs) should have very large difficulties if they
even try to approach Human or Elven settlements: The humans and
elves don't generally trust orcs and trolls and will either try
to kill them or run away.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.