Re: radical departure

Subject: Re: radical departure
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik3d.org)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 15:54:49 EET

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Taneli Niko Tikka wrote:

> We have VERY MUCH idea that it will work. We have years of experience in
> RPGs and muds.

Oh?

> Hahhah this is totally twisted. Gods and sages dont have to support our
> kindoms or empires, they do it themselfs. And there is nothing artificial
> about them, npcs are just as real as are players.

But NPCs are stupid.

> > game play the world we spent two years designing will appear nothing
> > like we intended it to.
>
> This is a totally twisted vision of how thigs would be going.

If it would appear as it is intended, it would be quite a static world.

> One of the strongest needs of a person is to belong into some group,
> organization or society. Everything starts on survival basics and primal
> things like hunger, fear, cold, dark, etc.. there is almost TOTAL absense
> of these things in majik. that is one of the major reasons why your plans
> would never work. Starting with a blank world would be terribel disaster,
> nothing would develop right and everything would be min/maxed twisted
> shit. The game we have build for so long would crash into hellish chaos
> very fast.

Better than nothing. I do not want to wait the world being finished when
the engine is ready, as happened with the Majik 4, besides, there will be
no disaster if we do it right. Also, it can be more fun. For example, the
creator of Ultima Online has said that when they let the players to do
their own cities, these cities became more interesting than the ones made
by the developers. Just an simple example proof of concept.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik3d.org https://majik3d-legacy.org